Team Biden must be held to account for the lethal consequences of its deliberate acts.
Let’s face it. Neither the lethal fiscal and monetary time-bomb implanted in the American economy nor the crimes committed against God and humanity on the world stage in Afghanistan are the result of careless dimwitted “inadvertence.” Those outrages were, instead, in both cases the results of deliberate acts by certified Wokesters.
Take, for example, the injury they are doing to the economy. Butterfingered Wokesters did not “mistakenly” punch the buttons that ignited inflation and set America on the present high-risk, printing-press-money, debt-ridden path toward financial crisis.
Quite the opposite is true. It is almost as if the Wokesters started off with the strategic goal of doing harm to the economy of the United States – and then meticulously took the tactical steps necessary to complete the job:
- dramatically increase taxes that do more economic harm than they raise in revenue for the government to spend (If that is not absurd, what is?);
- increase deficit spending and federal debt to unsustainable levels;
- print lots of fiat money (about $120 billion a month) by selling the debt to the Federal Reserve;
- bribe people to work less and produce fewer goods while consuming more by giving them free money;
- put upward pressure on prices (too many free dollars chasing too few goods); and
- put the Federal Reserve in the absurd and high-risk position of either continuing to print money and keep interest rates near zero or trying to thread the needle by gradually reducing its purchases of federal debt and gradually increasing interest rates with almost no margin for error and with no ability to stop the Biden Wokesters from messing everything up with another big spending spree.
Similarly, when they were ordered by the Taliban terrorists to precipitously pull the U.S. military out of Afghanistan, the Biden Wokesters did not “accidentally” forget about the American citizens left behind, Bagram Airfield, and the $80 billion of military equipment. Nobody is that dimwitted, not even Woke desk-jockey generals intent on banning both brains and brawn from the U.S. military.
By their own deliberate acts of the most absurd kind, the Wokesters
- made Taliban Afghanistan the world’s most lethally armed Sunni Muslim jihadist base for transnational terrorist attacks on American and European targets;
- created wide-open opportunities for China to exploit and duplicate America’s cutting-edge weaponry and use it in a powerful alliance with jihadist terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan;
- damaged (if not destroyed) America’s relationships with its most important European and other allies; and
- created a humanitarian and refugee crisis that almost inevitably will result in many insufficiently vetted Afghans who are jihadists being resettled and welcomed into the United States to do their mischief.
Team Biden is deliberately turning America into a disrespected, dangerously diverse, and fragile country that is riven by an expanding multiplicity of racial, regional, urban, rural, economic class, cultural, linguistic, religious, and ideological rivalries. In the not-too-distant future, America will be an economically deficient, ideologically incoherent, and dumbed-down unskilled country that is more in step with its present Second and Third World enemies than it is with its present First World friends and allies with whom it shares the values and characteristics of Western Civilization.
Threatened by the dual prospects of economic turmoil and a new round of lethal terrorism while continuing to be stuck with President Biden until 2025 and with the Woke Democrat Congress until 2023, America is confronted by a unique political and constitutional question. By what constitutional means – and without making things worse instead of better – can the damage the Wokesters have already done be contained and how can they be restrained from doing more?
Removing President Biden from office by impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors or under the 25th Amendment because of his certified inability to perform the duties of his office is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. As bad as he is, President Biden is probably less dangerous to America than the extreme Wokesters in line to succeed him.
On the other hand, the prospect of Team Biden remaining ensconced in the White House for three more years with their hands on all the levers of the federal government’s enormous power, including the codes that launch the “doomsday” intercontinental ballistic missiles, is the most absurd and frightening aspect of the Woke derangement syndrome that is threatening to destroy America from within and without.
Ernest S. Christian is a veteran Washington lawyer who served in the Treasury Department under President Ford, helped write and get enacted President Reagan’s historic tax reforms and today writes, lectures, and advocates on behalf of pro-growth tax and budget reforms.