A year ago today, Issues & Insights launched when three former IBD editorial writers decided to carry on after Investor’s Business Daily shuttered its opinion section. We felt we still had much to say, and that the public could benefit from our collective years of journalism and opinion writing experience.
We didn’t know anything about web publishing, and still know little. We are not celebrity journalists. We aren’t being paid by anyone to do this.
But we knew that, after decades in the business, we had honed our ability to look at the facts, bring a wealth of knowledge to the table, turn issues upside down and inside out, and cut through the buzz and hysteria to tell readers what was actually going on. We believed that at a time when most journalists and pundits are offering grossly uninformed opinion (when not trying to out-insult each other) that we could provide a valuable service.
We’ve been surprised, and delighted, by how well Issues & Insights has done over the past 12 months.
In fact, as luck would have it, on this day we also happened to top 5 million page views since our launch.
In honor of this momentous occasion, here’s a list of our 10 biggest stories (as measured by page views) over the past year.
- Great Lakes Reveal a Fatal Flaw in Climate Change ‘Science’ — 80,810 page views
- A Tale Of Two Pandemics: Media Downplayed Swine Flu Outbreak Under Obama — 66382
- Report: Obama’s Spying On The Press Was Far More Extensive Than Previously Thought — 59,972
- A Short List Of Facts Global Warming Alarmists Don’t Want To Face — 58,823
- The Deep State Comes Out Of The Shadows — 58,601
- Gore Says His Global Warming Predictions Have Come True? Can He Prove It? — 55,594
- Who Will Get Blamed If Coronavirus Shutdown Turns Out To Be A Massive Overreaction? — 54,434
- After Repeated Failures, It’s Time To Permanently Dump Epidemic Models — 52,284
- The Facts About Trump That Are Deadly For Democrats — 47,603
- Trump Just Revolutionized Health Care — And Nobody Noticed — 47,209
We have also received more than 4,500 comments, every one of which we have read before posting. (To those of you whose comments didn’t make it on our site, it’s not because we don’t like differences of opinion, but because the comments didn’t meet our posting guidelines.)
Here are the five most-commented stories over the past year.
- Will The Global Warming Hysterics Never Tire Of Being Wrong — 142 comments
- A Short List Of Facts Global Warming Alarmists Don’t Want To Face — 111
- Why Trump’s Dishwasher Diatribe Matters — 75
- The Deep State Comes Out Of The Shadows — 69
- America’s Growing Approval Of Socialism Is A Rejection Of Freedom — 62
We want to thank every one of our readers, our supporters, and especially those who have reached into their own pockets – many doing so even in this time of great economic uncertainty – to support our mission.
We also want to thank all the incredible writers who have lent their knowledge and writing talent to contribute guest commentaries to our site.
As always, if you have any feedback, feel free to send us a note via our contact email —firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t, you might also consider subscribing using the subscription form on the right sidebar.
And if you are able, we would welcome any support you can provide, through our donations link.
The I&I Editorial Board