It’s said that conspiracies can’t remain secret forever because someone eventually talks. This is certainly true of the global warming swindle. The climate fanatics have a habit of regularly revealing that they’re running a racket.
The most recent example occurred last month during a “Critical Climate Moment?” segment on CBS that featured its global warming “expert.” When asked why an increase of 1.5 degrees Celsius in global temperature has been determined to be a tipping point, the network’s “climate specialist” admitted it’s a “symbolic” figure.
“Because, I mean, humans chose it, we chose 1.5, we chose 2 degrees,” said meteorologist Jeff Berardelli, whose entire on-camera spiel was an exercise in fearmongering based on speculation.
So there it is. A number pulled out of the ether. No (real) science behind it. A benchmark used to do nothing more than frighten the public – a Menckenian hobgoblin.
It’s almost routine for the alarmists to give up the game. We’ve seen them inadvertently admit that the objective of the global warming scare is an opportunity to:
- Abolish capitalism, “change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,” and install a command-and-control economy.
- Change our political system.
- Redistribute wealth.
- “Build a better world” that will surely be based on economic and social central planning.
- “Bring about major structural changes in economic growth and development.”
- Pursue personal and religious ambitions – at the expense of others.
While politicians, activists, and earnest-faced “journalists” spread terror as fast and hard as they are able, there continues to be a steady stream of counter information:
- Tim Ball, a former University of Winnipeg climatology professor, assures us that carbon dioxide, the target of climate alarmists’ crusade, isn’t actually a greenhouse gas.
- Scientific research is plagued by a “replication crisis.” Economists have “found that studies that failed to replicate since their publication were on average 153 times more likely to be cited than studies that had,” says Science Alert, “and that the influence of these papers is growing over time.” And we all know that some of the most-cited reports by political and media activists are climate papers predicting doom.
- There’s good news for polar bears, the warming zealots’ poster animal, due to unexpected (by alarmists) “sea ice thickness across the Arctic.”
- Former Obama undersecretary of energy Steve Koonin, whose work we’ve highlighted, points out in his new book “Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn’t, and Why It Matters” that 1) “the warmest temperatures in the U.S. have not risen in the past 50 years”; 2) “the rate of global sea-level rise 70 years ago was as large as what we observe today”; and 3) instead of famine, “in the 50 years from 1961 to 2011, global yields of wheat, rice, and maize … each more than doubled.” He pulls these facts not from the thin air that gave us the 1.5 degrees Celsius boundary but from U.S. government and United Nations reports.
- Bjorn Lomborg, professor and author, and former director of Denmark’s National Environmental Assessment Institute, notes that climate-related deaths have fallen from nearly a half million to fewer than 25,000 in less than a century.
Yet here we are in 2021, the West increasingly captured by a Democrat-media-celebrity cartel that bitterly clings to its science fiction and superstition. We need to wake up before not only is the economy lost but our freedoms, too.
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board
Thanks for this article. It’s so much better to argue from known facts than to attack the other guy’s point of view.
I have posted this editorial a number times on my Facebook page. Facebook keeps removing it. How sad, how tragic, that open discourse is dead on Facebook.
Another tool to debunk bad science is the Carl Sagan Baloney Detection Kit, which has 9 steps a claim should meet before being accepted as good scientific theory. It includes things like sharing data and models, being subject to open scientific debate, etc. – things that have been particularly absent from the Global Warming / Climate Change Orthodox Church of Alarmism.
Of course, man made Global Warming is a hoax. A child can figure this out. Earth has had 6 Ice Ages in 4.5 billion years, or one about every 750 million years. Therefore she warms for about 375 million years and then she cools for about 375 million years. No one will ever live long enough to experience a complete cycle but trust me, man has nothing to do with the cycles and he couldn’t even if he wanted to. Climate change believers really need to think before they open their ignorant mouths.
1- The climate scam has gained traction due to the country’s diminishing collective IQ. Low IQ people tend to fall for lies and are easy to manipulate
2- The Rep party sat with their thumb up their a$$ for decades allowing this garbage to flourish. If they were a real opposition party they would have nipped this in the bud early on.
I worked with these looneys in the globule warming scam industry for 10 years
Very few project any intellect – they are all lemming remoras
“One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole,” said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.
So what is the goal of environmental policy?
“We redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy,” said Edenhofer.
I have loved reading science fiction my entire life but when any book depicts Earth as uninhabitable due to climate matters it quickly loses my interest because the book generally is loaded with other nonsense. I really enjoyed Michael Crichton’s book State of Fear that dealt with the matter from a perspective that I can more readily agree with. Way back I researched this climate stuff and concluded the Sun and the oceans drive the climate of our planet and never us.