Though the Centers for Disease Control recommends that vaccinated adults remove their masks in most settings, a number of Blue State governors, clearly ignoring the “science” they’ve said they’re so devoted to, have refused to free their citizens. The pandemic has allowed them to sate their authoritarian urges, setting us up for a grim future – unless we fight back.
Refusing to follow the science and keeping mask mandates in place are California Gov. Gavin Newsom, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Democrats all. No surprise. The Democratic Party is a refuge for closeted, and even open, authoritarians.
Last fall, we said that up until that point it seemed absurd to think the government pandemic orders that were restricting our freedom to move were a dry run for future attempts to use global warming as a pretext to devour liberty. But we reconsidered. We saw “observant and cunning politicians” watching Americans’ sheepish reactions to their lockdowns and mask rules, and came away convinced they were filing away what they learned for a later day.
Of course they’re not going to let a crisis go to waste.
The pandemic had hardly begun last year when House Majority Whip James Clyburn, South Carolina Democrat, said the coronavirus outbreak was “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision.” At roughly the same time, several media outlets were capitalizing “on the coronavirus outbreak to push climate change propaganda,” the Media Research Center reported.
Permanently closing city streets, thereby handicapping the unprecedented freedom that automobiles have given us, became a priority in some quarters. So did shutting down the freedom to worship, which is both God-given and constitutionally protected.
There’s a natural progression from the pandemic lockdowns to restrictions on freedom in the name of saving the sky from global warming. But the tyrants among us won’t stop there. We find it useful here to quote the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s international affairs analyst, who realized more than six months ago that “the virus of tyranny has already found itself in the bloodstream of liberal democracies.”
- President Joe Biden and his party hope to saddle Americans, through undisciplined spending, with debt and a de facto tax (inflation) that can be repaid only by mortgaging the future and bondage to the federal monster.
- There is a core on the left, not even the hard left, that is resisting a return to normal. It wants liberty-shackling rules in place in perpetuity.
- Our freedom to speak will continue to be abridged.
- Our ability to make independent and individual health care decisions will be curtailed further.
- Second Amendment rights will be in danger of being rolled back because of “public health” needs.
- Expect to be forced out of our fossil-fuel-burning automobiles and herded into mass transit.
- Protests and rallies will be put down as insurrections – unless they are in service of the “right” groups, such as Black Lives Matter and Antifa.
Once lost, freedom is difficult to regain. “Be warned,” says author Michael Walsh. “If you think the petty tyrants currently making your lives miserable are going to willingly relinquish their illicit powers, think again. They’ve got a taste for it now.”
So intoxicated from their deep swig of power are they that they no longer see boundaries, just opportunities to subjugate. Fight back, or lose in a few years what has made America unique and great for more than two centuries
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board