‘I know speaking of unity can sound to some like a foolish fantasy these days. I know that the forces that divide us are deep and they are real. But I also know they are not new … our better angels have always prevailed. In each of these moments, enough of us – enough of us – have come together to carry all of us forward, and we can do that now.”
— Joe Biden, inaugural address
“The idea that groups of Americans will somehow break off into separate peaceful nations of like-minded citizens is a fantasy.”
— Tucker Carlson, Jan. 6 monologue
It’s fascinating that America’s most prominent plagiarist used the same term – “fantasy” – as its most prominent pundit in, wrongly, dismissing the growing momentum toward the only logical response by red jurisdictions to the coming Californication of America.
Some pro tips, Mr. Fake President, if you want to hold forth on “unity”:
- Don’t start your tenure on an enormous electoral heist and a cascade of colossal lies.
- Don’t stand by silently while congressional partisans impeach your predecessor in his final days and attempt to hound two colleagues out of the “World’s Greatest Deliberative Body” for requesting deliberation of legitimate questions about your illegitimate win.
- Don’t accuse two-thirds of your audience of “systemic racism.”
- Don’t claim that “(p)olitics doesn’t have to be a raging fire, destroying everything in its path” when supporters are attempting to destroy and “deprogram” everyone in their path who ever breathed a word of support for the former chief executive.
- Don’t allow the nation’s capital to be turned into an occupied war zone – it’s bad optics for a “peaceful transition of power” – and then fail to defend selfless guardsmen defending you when a member of your party accuses them of desiring to foment rebellion.
Sleepy Joe’s still shocking ascendancy to the nation’s highest office completes a neat trick for Democrats: a seemingly total rout that has their opponents divided, dispirited and thoroughly on the run.
They fabricated and stretched out a tale of foreign collusion to cripple Donald Trump’s administration for an astonishing three years. Impeached The Donald on gobsmackingly empty non-charges of abuse of power and obstruction of justice.
Executed a fraud so vast and brazen it undoubtedly has Venezuelan Chavistas and Zimbabwe African National Unionists shaking their heads in bewilderment and admiration. (If you still doubt that for a micro-millisecond, you haven’t read this analysis by respected Catholic University political scientist Claes Ryn).
Equally brazenly attacked Trumpers challenging the results, based on Everests of statistical, testimonial, audio-visual and physical and evidence, for having – wait for it – no evidence. And, subsequently, as Sleepy Joe did Wednesday, amid his laughable call for “a little tolerance and humility,” for spewing “lies told for power and for profit.”
And now seized upon a protest gone wrong, thanks to a collection of motley misfits gone rogue, to:
- Shut down any inquiry into their blatant election chicanery.
- Manufacture yet another mindless conspiracy theory against the president – “inciting insurrection” – to pursue yet another baseless impeachment process.
- Isolate Mr. Trump’s supporters in and out of Congress.
- Attempt to “cancel” and expunge them from every aspect of American civil, cultural and commercial activity.
- And perhaps most preposterously of all, spin the entire misadventure into yet another contention of, and campaign against, “white supremacy” and “domestic terrorism” involving a mere 74 million voters.
In the midst of all of this, you can dare to assert “enough of us have come together to carry all of us forward, and we can do that now.”
I’ll say it for you: Joe, it ain’t so.
There’s no way you can “unite our people” when you and your cohort are characterizing more than 200 million of them as racists and supremacists.
No chance to “join forces, stop the shouting, and lower the temperature” when your team is categorizing opposing viewpoints as “more dangerous than al Qaeda.”
And no path to “carry all of us forward” when you launch your invalid administration with divisive, literally in-your-opponents’-face actions. Like requiring masks, reversing the job-creating Keystone XL Pipeline, rejoining anti-American agreements and international organizations, and roaring “olly, olly, oxen free” to caravans of illegal immigrants who lower wages and steal jobs (plus vote Democrat).
The New America “Opt-Out” is far from a fantasy. It’s now, more than ever, an inevitability.
The eminent Nixon-era economist Herb Stein posited his famous law: “If something cannot go on forever, it will stop.”
Here’s the “Maistros Corollary:” If something must happen, it will.
Sleepy Joe’s yawningly hyperbolic, monumentally hypocritical and damagingly hypercharged inaugural oration has only underscored that there is no longer room in a single country for working-class Americans and the Ruling Class that alternately wants to expel and enslave them.
This Constructed-of-Whole-Cloth Commander-in-Chief has made it crystal clear: The elite sees us as enemies of their state. And since, as Sen. Lindsey Graham has pointed out, their success in stealing an election ensures another Republican will never be voted into high office, the only peaceful way out is to opt out.
It must happen. And it will, sooner than you can even imagine.