At a speech in Georgia on the eve of two runoff elections that will determine the control of the Senate, Joe Biden tried to woo voters to his side by promising them $2,000 in cash if they voted for the Democratic contenders.
What he didn’t tell Georgians is that if they elect those two Democrats – Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock – Biden will take all that money away, and more, to pay for his radical leftist agenda.
“If you send Jon and the reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door, restoring hope and decency and honor for so many people who are struggling right now,” Biden said during his speech. “If you send Sens. Perdue and Loeffler back to Washington, those checks will never get there. It’s just that simple.”
Has vote-buying ever been more flagrant?
Never mind that passing out deficit-financed checks will do little to help the economy recover.
What Biden is hoping to buy with that money isn’t “decency and honor.” What he’s wishing for is a blank check to impose the most sweepingly radical agenda ever proposed by a presidential candidate. With Democrats in control of the House and Senate, he will have that blank check.
Biden only hinted at this in speech, saying: “With their votes in the Senate, we’ll be able to make the progress we need to make on jobs, on health care, on justice, on the environment, on so many important things.’
What he means is, Democrats will be able to:
- Eliminate the filibuster in the Senate, removing any chance for the Republicans to stop the Democrats’ leftist agenda.
- Pack the Supreme Court with liberals who will rubber stamp unconstitutional intrusions into our lives.
- Impose the Green New Deal on the country, which will effectively give the federal government control over every aspect of our lives in the name of fighting “climate change.”
- Raise taxes through the roof, and steal money out of people’s retirement accounts.
- Pass a raft of mandates on businesses in the name of “fairness.”
- Finish the job of nationalizing health care.
Even if the public is repulsed by these policies and hands control of Congress back to the Republicans in two years, it won’t matter. The damage will be done. And as we’ve seen time and again, once a new government program gets instituted, it’s impossible to remove it. It will be Obamacare times infinity.
Georgia voters are casting their ballots today. One can only hope that they are able to look past Biden’s bribe to see the damage his administration, empowered by a leftist-controlled Congress, will mean to their pocketbooks, to their freedom, and to the future of the country.
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board