Joe Biden seems to be in a bit of trouble. The man who said Donald Trump was “totally irresponsible” for keeping classified documents at his Florida estate now has his own document-gate dragging him down. But his defenders respond, “that’s OK, at least you’re not Trump.” Are there any offenses that Never Trumpers and Democrats say Trump has committed that Biden hasn’t also perpetrated, or done worse?
The stumbling Biden, whose presidency seems to be an effort in trying to manage, and maybe direct, the decline of the U.S., has apparently left a trail of unsecured classified documents, some so sensitive they were declared top secret. Reports say they’ve been found at his think tank and in the garage of his Delaware residence. The news comes less than four months after Biden incredulously wondered on CBS’ “60 Minutes” how it could “possibly happen” that classified documents were found on Trump’s personal property.
“How one — anyone could be that irresponsible?” Biden continued. “And I thought, ‘What data was in there that may compromise sources and methods?'”
Did he know at that point that he was guilty of the same? Most likely. He simply assumed, as so many arrogant politicians do, that he’d never be caught in a tangled web of hypocrisy. Yet there he is, the Hypocrite in Chief.
We find interesting – but not at all surprising – that Trump’s attackers, both those who are supposedly of the same party he is, and of course those on the other side of the political divide, had a great joy ride going last summer and fall when classified documents were discovered, during a government raid, at his private Mar-a-Lago residence.
But now what? Biden has a similar problem.
Despite the screeching from Biden’s political and media guardians that the Big Guy is less blameworthy than Big Orange, the facts show that whatever Trump has been accused of, Biden has been guilty of, as well, and in some cases his conduct worse:
- Trump has been called a liar, and continues to be called one today, more than two years after leaving public office. Meanwhile, Biden, across his nearly half century of “public service” has made up more fiction than a pulp novelist.
- Trump and Russia? A made-up story. Biden and entanglements with foreign interests that weaken his ability to be an effective commander in chief? The truth. Even before he was elected president, it was known that he was “compromised by his family’s shady foreign dealings.” China, Ukraine and Russia have been prominent players in the Biden family influence-peddling operation.
- The current president has used law enforcement for corrupt purposes. A majority (53%) of Americans are convinced, for good reason, that he’s used the FBI as his “personal Gestapo.” Trump was on the other side of the FBI. It was out to get him.
- Yes, Trump complained about having the 2020 election stolen from him. But Biden himself has undermined faith in elections, agreeing that Trump was an illegitimate president and claiming Al Gore, not George Bush, was elected to the White House in 2000.
- So Trump likes to insult his opponents? Sure. So does Biden. He told a union man he was “full of s***” and “a horse’s a**.” Called a 21-year-old college student “a lying dog-faced pony soldier.” Ridiculed a group of soldiers he was talking to as a “dull bunch” of “stupid bastards.” Biden is such a prince among men that he has reviled Trump voters as semi-Fascists. Our “president for all Americans” sees “chumps” when he sees Trump supporters and tagged Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch.”
A majority of American voters in 2020 demanded that Trump be replaced by Biden because, well, we’re not sure why. The public has long known that Biden is a serial prevaricator, has built a family empire off of his political career, and is more buffoon than statesman. But he gets away with it because the narrative is controlled by people who are just like him.
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board