Unwilling to take their political and legal losses like the good citizens of a democratic republic and work within the system, Democrats are more and more demanding they get their way through harassment that includes the threat of violence. What has set this country apart since its birth is unraveling.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s Dobbs ruling, the “unflinching repudiation” of Roe v. Wade, set an already fuming political left on fire. And the flame still burns. White hot.
“The six justices who overturned Roe should never know peace again,” a Harvard law instructor, and democratic socialist, tweeted shortly after the decision was released. “It is our civic duty to accost them every time they are in public. They are pariahs. Since women don’t have their rights, these justices should never have a peaceful moment in public again.”
So rather than follow the non-violent process for making and clarifying law that was given to us by the Founding Fathers, the left wants to force its political positions and ideology on the country. Please tell us again who the fascists are.
The tweet above is but one of many examples of progressives, leftists, socialists and Democrats pitching dangerous tantrums when things don’t go their way. Here’s just a partial list of the madness:
- Jane’s Revenge, a militant pro-abortion group that says “we answer to no one but ourselves,” has warned of future measures that “may not come in the form of something so easily cleaned up as fire and graffiti.”
- Rep. Maxine Waters, California Democrat, said “the hell with the Supreme Court. We will defy them,” after the Dobbs ruling. “Black women will be out in droves,” she continued. “We will be out by the thousands, we will be out by the millions.” Does she mean peaceful protests or mob rule? Given Waters’ history, we’d say the latter. Clearly she is agitating her followers to break the rule of law.
- Waters previously shrieked that “we’ve got to get more confrontational,” if the verdict of the Derek Chauvin murder trial was not the one the left demanded. And let’s never forget that she said any Trump Cabinet member who tried to “defend him” should not be “able to go to a restaurant … stop at a gas station … shop at a department store,” and deserved to be harassed.
- Before the Dobbs decision was released, but after a draft of the ruling was leaked, a Department of Homeland Security memo indicated that the targeting of “Supreme Court Justices, lawmakers and other public officials, as well as clergy and health care providers,” says Axios, was “likely to persist and may increase leading up to and following the issuing of the Court’s official ruling.”
- Penn State associate professor Zach Furness apparently didn’t like the 2016 election of Donald Trump, so he wrote that Trump “should’ve been Lincoln’d.”
- The ever-angry former MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, who clearly had no hinges to start with, wanted Trump “and his enablers, and his supporters, and his collaborators, and the Mike Lees and the William Barrs … and the Mike Pences, and the Rudy Giulianis and the Kyle Rittenhouses and the Amy Coney Barretts” to “be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society.”
- Reza Aslan, a CNN contributor, also said Trump and all his supporters “must be eradicated from society.”
- James Hodgkinson was obviously trying to “eradicate” Republicans when in 2017 he fired at least 70 rounds from a Smith & Wesson pistol and a Soviet-type rifle at a group of congressional Republicans, seriously wounding Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana.
The left is also in league with Antifa, maybe the most violent group in the country when it comes to disagreements over politics and policy. Democrats play well the role of Henry II to Antifa’s four knights who murdered Thomas Becket.
Yes, we hear the “what about Jan. 6” grumbling. Point taken. And we say again for the record, we don’t condone any of the violence from that day, nor the destruction, theft of property and trespassing. But what the Democrats want voters to forget is that only a few of the many thousands of Republicans and conservatives that were there broke the law, and it is a single incident compared to the many carried out by the left. There’s no comparison.
This country was at one time different, exceptional. But it’s been twisted and spindled and mutilated by the left. Welcome to the jungle, it sure seems like it gets worse here every day.
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board