America and the rest of the world have suffered under big government’s smothering hand during the three-year COVID “emergency,” which has been used to silence critics and force obedience to nonsensical medical edicts. It’s time to reclaim our ancient liberties and live free again.
And here’s a good start: A Republican-led bill to declare an official end to the COVID emergency passed the Senate for a third time Wednesday, this time by a 68-23 majority. While President Joe Biden “strongly” opposes the measure, a White House source told Associated Press, he’ll sign it anyway.
Why? Rising public anger over the COVID lies, lockdowns, closed schools, mandatory masking and vax edicts has become a serious political issue for Democrats. In a Rasmussen poll taken last week, 59% agreed with the statement: “The experts in charge of the government’s COVID-19 policy ‘were wrong about almost everything?’ ”
After more than a million U.S. COVID deaths, Biden and other elected Democrats just want to walk away.
The Senate’s move to end our government-caused COVID nightmare came after a long series of revelations about the deep damage that the federal response to COVID inflicted on us.
A piece by the Brownstone Institute’s Justin Hart summed up the lengthening list of governmental, bureaucratic and corporate incompetence, duplicity and outright misconduct:
Medical errors increased in hospitals due to the constraints on health care resources and mandates. Millions of cancer screenings were missed, potentially causing a future surge in late-stage cancer cases. HIV testing was disrupted, leading to delayed diagnoses and treatment. Additionally, the pressure to report Covid deaths led to inaccurate death counts, prompting more fear and furthering egregious policies.
Many of the Covid models that informed these policies proved to be flawed or unreliable, further eroding trust in the institutions that promoted them. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) faced multiple controversies, including accusations of hiding data, unreliable data, and tracking millions of Americans’ phone locations. Additionally, the influence of unions on CDC policy raised concerns about political interference in public health decisions.
Shocking, isn’t it? And that isn’t all, not by a long shot, as a spate of other recent errors, misconduct, lies, bumbling and outright failures show:
- The week before a March 22 Senate hearing on the COVID vaccines, a top-level Moderna executive confided to Sen. Rand Paul that the company’s own data showed “an increased risk of myocarditis,” a potentially fatal consequence of the Moderna vaccine. A week later, publicly in Senate hearings, the company denied any such risk.
- COVID czar Anthony Fauci, who admitted modeling the three-year U.S. response to COVID-19 on the cruelly draconian measures imposed by China’s communist government, now wonders whether “things (were) done too long or not.”
- The Centers for Disease Control, claiming to fight COVID “misinformation,” made a documented 25 data and statistical errors, including 20 that “exaggerated the severity of the COVID-19 situation” and three that “simultaneously exaggerated and downplayed” severity, while “one error was neutral, and one error exaggerated COVID-19 vaccine risks,” according to an analysis led by University of California San Francisco epidemiologists.
- The same study found that CDC errors related to kids — including a claim that COVID was a “top 5 cause of death in children” — were particularly egregious: “During the years the errors occurred, CDC’s guidance repeatedly called for restrictions being placed on children, including school closures, mask mandates, and strong recommendations for vaccinations and multiple boosters even among children who have recovered from the virus.”
- COVID also was used by U.S. and state governments to expand their surveillance of Americans, allow supposedly disinterested COVID websites to “monetize” frightened users’ information, and for the CDC to collude with Big Tech to stifle even expert criticism and online debate over COVID.
- And even some left-leaning analysts agree the COVID “emergency” is a disaster. A new book, “The Covid Consensus: The Global Assault on Democracy and the Poor? A Critique from the Left,” argues “the biggest losers of the lockdown response to Covid-19 … were the young, the poor, and the non-laptop class of workers. The lockdowns and other governmental responses amounted to a massive transfer of wealth (not to mention life opportunities) from the young to the old,” James Allan wrote in Law & Liberty,
Allan might also mention the wealth transfer from small business owners, who went belly-up by the thousands due to lockdowns, to big corporations and corrupt leftist “community” and “philanthropic” groups, which reaped massive amounts of COVID bailout cash. They thrived.
The upshot is, all the lockdowns, masking, school closures, business bankruptcies, forced vaccinations and raging inflation were preparation for what comes next: full-on socialism. That’s the plan. All that COVID control stuff was just a dry run, friend-o.
Speaking in the Senate, Kansas Sen. Roger Marshall, one of the repeal-the-COVID-emergency bill’s main sponsors, said: “It’s time for the proper constitutional checks and balances to be restored; it’s time to end any and all authoritarian control and unilateral spending decisions without Congressional consent.”
We couldn’t agree more. It’s time for average Americans to loudly shout “no” to the failed leftist COVID bullies, and to reclaim and rebuild their republic of liberty and freedom for all.
— Written by the I&I Editorial Board